SPANISH EDUCATION OFFICE IN EDINBURGH
Directly linked to the Spanish Embassy Education Office in London the Language Officer in Edinburgh helps with the teaching of Spanish as a foreign language at all levels in Scotland.
The support for Spanish is being developed in the following areas:
1. RESOURCES CENTRE.
We have a wide range of teaching materials, both written and audio-visual, available for loan free of charge ( please send stamps for postage ). The video and audio catalogues are sent on request.
* See Catalogues
- PÓRTICO. A magazine which reports on Spanish current affairs and events of cultural interest,
and contains suggestions for the use of the materials in the classroom.
- DONAIRE. A magazine written by and aimed at Hispanists in Spain and the U.K.
- DOCUMENTOS HISPÁNICOS. Background information on Higher and CSYS topics.
- TEACHING MATERIALS. Developed with the aim of supplementing those commercially available, at different levels.
- TECLA. A weekly selection of texts in Spanish published on the Internet.
3. COURSES FOR TEACHERS OF SPANISH.
- Language and methodology Courses in Spain.
- Training days for Spanish assistants in Scottish Schools.
- Training days and lectures involving topics of professional interest.
4. EDUCATIONAL LINKS AND EXCHANGES.
We provide a programme of support for the strengthening of all kinds of educational links and exchanges between the U.K. and Spain through the provision of information, advice and extensive contacts with institutions in Spain.
5. EXAMINATIONS IN SPANISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE.
Information and advice to students and teachers interested in preparing for the “Diplomas de
Español como Lengua Extranjera” ( DELE ), awarded by the Spanish Ministry of Education.
If you are interested in any
other services or support, please get in contact with us, and we
will do our best to help you.